On the Stand
Here are some warm-ups, exercises, and other music you can use at home.
Clicking on the file name will allow you to download an MP3 file or you can use the streaming audio controls
We highly recommend students take private lessons, even if it is only for a limited period of time. Here are some reasons why:
- Private lesson teachers model a professional sound on their instrument.
- Students are able to perform by themselves weekly and get concentrated feedback.
- Students are able to focus on supplemental exercises written specifically for their instrument.
- Method books written just for their instrument are far superior to band music for developing well-rounded players.
- Region/district band auditions can be approached on an individual level.
- Instructors give students a chance to play a unique solo that they love at solo contest.
- Private lesson teachers provide a role model for students that can be a strong motivation for students to continue in band and excel on an individual level.