On the Stand
Here are some warm-ups, exercises, and other music you can use at home.
We highly recommend students take private lessons, even if it is only for a limited period of time. Here are some reasons why:
- Private lesson teachers model a professional sound on their instrument.
- Students are able to perform by themselves weekly and get concentrated feedback.
- Students are able to focus on supplemental exercises written specifically for their instrument.
- Method books written just for their instrument are far superior to band music for developing well-rounded players.
- Region/district band auditions can be approached on an individual level.
- Instructors give students a chance to play a unique solo that they love at solo contest.
- Private lesson teachers provide a role model for students that can be a strong motivation for students to continue in band and excel on an individual level.