This page will be used to post content for the members of the marching band to review and complete assignments
Info for new members
- There is a required meeting for students and parents onWednesday, May 22 at 6:00 pm in the OSHS Auditorium. If you have a conflict, you must contact Mr. Coughlin at email@example.com.
- The Kick Off rehearsal is right after the meeting on Wednesday, May 22 that will go from 6:30-8:00 pm. If you need a school instrument, we will take care of it that night.
- You need to get the show and parade music at www.osbands.org/sweetdreams2019 using the password “oshsband”.
- We will be having some music sectionals and visual rehearsals throughout the summer run by our student leaders. These help everyone learn the music, the marching/movement fundamentals, and some of the choreography for the show. We will be posting the dates and times for those on the calendar at ww.osbands.org. If you are in town and don’t have a conflict you are expected to attend. If you can’t make it, let a student leader in your section know. We will help provide rides if needed.
- The required rehearsals are at the end of the summer during the last full week of July and into the first couple days of August. These are really important and you need to contact a director if you have a conflict with any of them. They are also on the website calendar.
- There is an online registration you will need to complete and you will need to order some equipment…Mr. Coughlin will be talking about these at the meeting on May 22 and will send out info about it by email, so be on the lookout for that.
- We use both Remind and GroupMe to help with the communication in the group. We want to make sure you are connected to those.
- Text @oshsmband to 81010 to join the Marching Band Remind group.
- Student leaders can invite you to the GroupMe for your section
- Mr. Coughlin delivered a letter to you at school that had some instructions for accessing and updating your info in Charms. If you have not done that yet, the directors really need that to happen as soon as possible. You will be transferred over to the South Charms account right after school gets out.
Excused Absence make up
Go to http://bit.ly/OSMBmakeup and read the instructions to complete the make up work for an excused absence from a performance. You may submit the Google form or type up a detailed review using the form as a guide. Use complete sentences and substantive thoughts. Your grade will be based on the quality of your review.
2018 Field Show Videos
SMN Video & Comments
The prelims video is not HD quality. We will post a better video later. Finals is in HD.
KBA Marching Championships October 20, 2018