KC Bus - Plan for Saturday, June 29
- Everyone…do some pre-packing of luggage on Friday so you can have your stuff ready to load the bus on time Saturday morning. If you are not on time Saturday morning, you will have to haul all your stuff to the Arena on your own and load in the afternoon.
- Concert Band and Jazz Band students need to make arrangements with someone else (Marching Band, Drum Major, Colorguard, Drumline, etc.) on the KC Bus to load your main luggage on the bus for the morning pickup. Keep whatever you want for the afternoon or on the bus for the ride home in your room and you can get it after your morning performances. Turn in your room key before you go to the picnic lunch and final performances at the Arena.
- All other tracks need to be waiting for the bus at the loading areas at 10:00 am on Saturday. The first stop will be at the Johnson complex, second stop between Kinghorn and Studebaker West, and then the final pickup will at Park and Doherity in the drive “behind” Doherity. It will obviously be closer to 10:20 by the time the bus is at the final pick up stop. Everyone needs to check in with the Bus Captain when you load so we know your stuff has been put on the bus. If you miss the dorm pickup, you will need to haul all of your stuff to the Arena to load after the final performances in the afternoon.
- Turn in your dorm room keys BEFORE you go to the picnic lunch and final performances at the arena. You will not be able to go back to the dorms.
- The bus will be outside Worthen Arena by 2:00 pm. It is usually parked in the lot on the north side of the arena, which you can get to going out Gate 1. We will send a message through Remind as soon as we know the exact location. If you are not involved in the final activities, you are welcome to get on the bus as soon as it is there.
- Everyone MUST load immediately after the final activity is done (usually Drum Majors). Take care of all the goodbyes, souvenir purchases, restroom stops, etc. ahead of time. Please do not make the group wait on you…we want to get on the road ASAP.
IMPORTANT...we will leave as soon as the last group is done performing on Saturday. Do not assume you know what time that is. Be at the Arena by 2:00 if you are not involved in a track that performs in the afternoon. Last year, the final performance was done by 2:30 pm even though the schedule said 3:30.